- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Bran Muffins Recipe
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 115.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2) Use a measuring cup, to combine buttermilk, egg, molasses and oil. Place it aside.
3) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE or PLASTIC MIXING BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour, bran, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Pulse on/off to mix.
5) Spread raisins over the flour mixture by removing the lid.
6) Add the liquid mixture all at once.
7) Place the cover back and pulse on/off 3-4 times until flour is just moistened. Do not overdo.
8) Use well-greased muffin cups to pour batter by filling each 2/3 full.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Transfer the muffins from cups on the metal rack.
11) Serve the muffins hot or cold with your choice of topping.