- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Baked Soybeans Recipe
|Dried soybeans||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Sweet pepper||1⁄2 , chopped (Green / Red)|
|Soy oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tomato paste||150 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Black strap molasses||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Tamari||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Soybean cooking liquid/Vegetable stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 569 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 79.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak the soybeans overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
3) In the oven or over the stove, cook the soybeans until tender.
4) In a medium skillte, saute the onion in hot oil until tender.
5) In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture including soybeans to a large casserole dish.
7) Cover the dish and bake for one hour in hot oven.
8) Remove the cover and bake for another 45 minutes, stirring ocassionaly.
9) Serve the baked soybeans as side dish.