- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moist and Fluffy Pumpkin Bread-- How to make Pumpkin Bread Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 807 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.5 mg
Sodium 462.6 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 78.4 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 270.6% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
4. Mix in eggs and the pumpkin puree. Stir on vanilla extract.
5. Add in half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
6. Pour in half of the buttermilk and mix.
7. Add in the rest of the dry mixture and then stir in the rest of the buttermilk. Be sure to stir gently and just until combined. Do not over mix.
8. Pour batter into two greased and floured loaf pans.
9. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (Do not over bake as the bread will continue to bake even as it cools down).
10. Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.
11. In a serving plate, garnish the bread slices with a dollop of whipped cream and serve with tea or any refreshing drink or as a dessert with choice of frosting.