- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mock Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe Video
|Red onion/Green onion||1⁄4 Medium, dice (Alternatively use 1 diced green onion)|
|Celery stalk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dice|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dice|
|Garbanzo bean||14 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Vegenaise||2 Tablespoon (vegan mayonnaise)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Pickle relish||1 Tablespoon|
|Seaweed powder||1 Pinch|
|Bread slices||4 Large|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Small, slice|
|Greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2058 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 2088.2 mg87%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.3%
Dietary Fiber 78.4 g313.7%
Sugars 52.3 g
Protein 96 g192.5%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C 108.7%
Calcium 81.9% Iron 172.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the 1 can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans and use a potato masher to mash them up a bit. Don't break them up completely.
2. Add the diced red onion, celery stalk and capers.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of Vegenaise, 1/4 tablespoon Dijon Mustard and 1 tablespoon of pickle relish.
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and seaweed powder and half a lemon's juice and mix with hands.
5. Toast bread and spread the mock tuna salad.
6. Add some greens and tomatoes and close with the another slice of toast.
7. Delicious mock tuna salad sandwich is ready to be devoured.