- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mock Pot Roast With Vegetables Recipe
|Meat loaf mixture||2 Pound (Ground Beef, Pork, And Veal)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Gravy coloring||1 Teaspoon (Bottled)|
|Carrots||8 Small, pared|
|Potatoes||8 Small, pared|
|White onions||16 Small, peeled|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 1209 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.7%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.4 mg
Sodium 2207.9 mg92%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.8%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 81 g162.5%
Vitamin A 371.6% Vitamin C 198.4%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Cut carrots into half lengthwise.
3) In a shallow baking pan, figure a well-blended mixture of meat-loaf mixture, rolled oats, eggs, catsup, horseradish, mustard, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and pepper into a loaf.
4) Apply gravy coloring.
5) Place the carrots with potatoes and onions around meat and season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
6) With a foil, cover the pan and bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven.
7) Remove foil and stir in peas.
8) Again cover and bake for 30 minutes in oven.
9) Uncover and brush the meat and vegetables with pan juices and bake for 5 more minutes until vegetables are soft.
10) Serve hot.