- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mock Enchilada Casserole Recipe
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chili peppers||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper/Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortillas/Corn chips - 6 ounce package||6 , torn into pieces|
|Monterey jack cheese/Muenster cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g127.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.1 mg66.4%
Sodium 877.2 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 47.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter, until softened.
3) Stir in the tomato sauce, chili peppers, Italian Seasoning, celery salt and pepper.
4) Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
5) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add cream together, mix thoroughly and stir into the skillet.
6) In a 2-quart casserole, place 1/3 of the tortillas at the bottom.
7) Then cover with 1/2 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cubed cheese.
8) Repeat the layers until all the tortillas, sauce and cubed cheese are utilized.
9) Top with the sour cream, then sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and paprika.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
11) Serve the Mock Enchilada Casserole, straight from the oven with a freshly tossed green salad.