- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mock Drumsticks Recipe
|Ground veal||2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracker meal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg
Sodium 602.7 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F before baking.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together ground veal, egg, milk, 1/2 cup of the cracker meal, salt, pepper, and sage in it.
3) Make 16 equal mounds from the mixture and shape each into a drumstick shape around a wooden skewer.
4) Take a small frying pan and heat butter or margarine in it.
5) On the wax paper, sprinkle remaining 1 cup cracker meal.
6) Coat each drumstick with melted butter and then with cracker meal.
7) Take a well-greased jelly-roll pan; place the drumsticks in a single layer in it and top with remaining melted butter or margarine.
8) Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven, tossing once, until golden.
9) Serve hot.