- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mochi Ice Cream Recipe Video
|Mochiko||50 Gram (Sticky/Sweet Rice Flour)|
|Mango jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Mizuame||1 Teaspoon (a type of Japanese sweetener)|
|Potato starch||100 Gram|
|Mango gelato||300 Milliliter|
Calories 123 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 0.49 g0.97%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.02% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scoop out the mango gelato balls into the aluminum foil cups and put them in the freezer until they are ready to be used.
2. Place the mango jam over the strainer and press with a wooden spatula. Continue scraping the jam in order to remove any lumps from the jam.
3. Flip the strainer over and get 1 tablespoon of mango puree from the spatula.
4. Take a microwave safe bowl and mix the sticky rice flour and sugar together.
5. Add water at times and continue mixing them.
6. Add mango jam to the mixture and continue to mix.
7. Add mizuame to the mixture and mix well.
8. Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the microwave.
9. Heat the mixture at 600 degrees for 2 minutes.
10. Remove the plastic wrap and mix with spatula.
11. Again cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the microwave.
12. Heat the mochi for another 40 seconds.
13. Remove the plastic wrap and mix the mochi with spatula.
14. When the surface becomes glossy, place the mochi over the tray, which is generously covered with potato starch.
15. Sprinkle more starch over the mochi.
16. Lightly pad the mochi spreading into 6 inch sheet.
17. Allow the mochi to sit and cool and then place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
18. Cut the mochi into 8 square pieces and place each mochi over your palm.
19. Remove the excess starch from both sides of the mochi and place it on the plate covered with plastic wrap.
20. And then cover the plate with another sheet of plastic wrap.
21. Repeat the process and layer each mochi by placing over each other along with the plastic wrap.
22. Place the layered mochi in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
23. Now make the mochi ice cream. Take out the gelato ball from the freezer and place it over the chilled mochi with the rounded side facing down.
24. Place the gelato wrapped in the mochi along with the plastic wrap into a small bowl.
25. Wrap the gelato along the plastic wrap and hold it with back clip and place it in the freezer to firm up.
26. Place the mango mochi ice cream on a plate when the gelato is completely firm and serve right away.
You can also try the blueberry and strawberry following the same procedure.