- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Half n half||3 Ounce|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||6 Ounce|
|Egg substitute||5 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for topping)|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg6.6%
Sodium 143.1 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In 6 oven-proof baking cups, spread 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
3) Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, swirling to coat the bottom and a little of the sides. Set aside.
4) In the top of a double boiler over boiling water, place 6 tablespoons butter and 6 ounce semisweet chocolate chips. Stir continually until butter and chocolate are melted.
5) Turn off heat and slowly whisk in 3 ounces half-and-half. Remove from stove and set aside.
6) In a large mixing bowl, combine 5 ounce egg substitute with a heaping 1/3 cup sugar.
7) Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
8) Add prepared chocolate cream, 1/3 cup flour, and 1 tablespoon coffee granules, beating until blended.
9) Spoon batter equally into 6 prepared baking cups.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 17 minutes. The edges should be springy, but the center will be soft.
11) Top each the hot cake serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.