- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Nut Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Ready Made)|
|Whipped topping mix||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Creamy fudge frosting mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|For additional ingredients|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As Required For Fudge Frosting Recipe)|
|Liquid/Milk||1 Tablespoon (As Required For Fudge Frosting Recipe)|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.2 mg6.4%
Sodium 72 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 60.7 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, butter and cracker crumbs.
2. Mix well and transfer to a 9 inch pie plate.
3. Spread mixture evenly to make a uniform base all around the pan, including bottom and sides. Do not spread mixture near rim area. Keep rim clean.
4. Cling wrap and refrigerate till required.
5. In a medium sized bowl, prepare whipped topping as per directions on the packet.
6. Cling wrap and refrigerate till required.
7. In a medium sized bowl, combine instant coffee powder, vanilla extract, fudge frosting mix, required amount of milk and butter for frosting ( as per packet) and mix well.
8. Using an electric beater, beat for 1 minute, at medium speed, till mixture turns smooth and creamy.
9. Add ½ quantity of chilled whipped topping to the frosting mix and fold gently, using a rubber spatula.
10. Once well mixed, fold in remaining topping.
11. Place this mixture in refrigerated pie crust and spread, ensuring that the centre portion has more mixture than sides to resemble a mound.
12. Chill in freezer for 45 minutes. Alternatively, you can chill in refrigerator overnight.
16. Sprinkle nuts in a circular fashion over pie to form a ring design and serve immediately.