- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Custard Filling Recipe
|Instant coffee powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), scalded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.5 mg
Sodium 131.3 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 53.7 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top part of double boiler place together sugar, flour, instant coffee, and vanilla.
2) Gently fold in scalded milk.
3) Over simmering water, cool, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg slightly, and gently beat in the hot mixture.
5) Place the bowl back on the double boiler.
6) While still cooking and stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens again.
7) Remove the bowl from the double boiler and allow to cool.
8) Place in refrigerator until chilled.
9) Use as required.