- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Cream Roll Recipe
|Eggs||5 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mocha cream filling||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Semisweet chocolate icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2415 Calories from Fat 895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.3%
Saturated Fat 51.6 g257.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1057.4 mg352.5%
Sodium 543.2 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.6%
Sugars 249 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 22.9% Iron 78.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beating at high speed, gradually sprinkle in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition until whites stand in stiff peaks.
3. In small bowl, with same beaters and with mixer at high speed, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Reduce speed to low; beat in salt, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, and 3 tablespoons cocoa, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. With rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold egg-yolk mixture into beaten egg whites until blended. Spread batter evenly in jelly-roll pan and bake 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
4. Sprinkle clean cloth towel with cocoa. When cake is done, with small spatula, immediately loosen edges from sides of pan; invert cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel waxed paper from cake; discard waxed paper. If you like, with knife, cut off crisp edges. Starting from a narrow end, roll cake with towel, jelly-roll fashion. Cool rolled cake completely, seam side down, on wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare Mocha-Cream Filling.
5. Unroll cooled cake; spread evenly with Mocha-Cream Filling almost to edges. Starting from same narrow end, roll cake without towel. Place rolled cake, seam side down, on long platter.
6. Prepare Semisweet-Chocolate Icing. Spread icing over top and down sides of roll. Refrigerate cake.