- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Caramel Bavarian Recipe
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Double strength coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cold)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1086 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.9 mg
Sodium 474 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 215.7 g
Protein 35 g69.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 42.8% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt sugar in a heavy light-colored skillet over low heat, gently moving it with wooden spoon toward center. Heat until golden brown.
3. Remove from heat and, stirring constantly, add the boiling water, a very small amount at a time. Return to low heat and continue stirring until bubbles are the size of dimes.
4. Meanwhile, soften gelatin in cold coffee. Gradually add the cooked syrup to the softened gelatin, stirring constantly; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
5. Stir vanilla extract and salt into the gelatin mixture. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Turn chilled evaporated milk into a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed.
7. Gently fold into chilled gelatin mixture. Turn into a 1-quart mold. Chill until firm.
8. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate or spoon into chilled sherbet glasses.