- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Cake Recipe
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Almond paste||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter||3 Ounce, softened|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Pound, sifted|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Walnuts||5 , halved|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5149 Calories from Fat 2573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 299 g459.3%
Saturated Fat 118.4 g592.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 851.2 mg
Sodium 1637.3 mg68.2%
Total Carbohydrates 586 g195.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.7%
Sugars 453.2 g
Protein 64 g127.1%
Vitamin A 109.6% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 100.5% Iron 86.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Butter a 8-inch cake tin. Line the bottom with a buttered non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl of hot water, add in the cocoa to make a paste. Let it cool.
4) In a second bowl, add in butter and sugar. Beat till it gets light and fluffy. Add in the cocoa paste next.
5) Add in the eggs, one by one, beating all the while. Fold in the flour and milk next.
6) Transfer the mixture into the cake tin.
7) Bake for about 40 minutes.
8) Transfer the cake onto a wire rack. Remove the paper lining and let cool completely.
9) On a clean board, spread out the almond paste till it becomes very thin. Slice half of it into 3-inch triangles.
10) Shape the remaining half of the almond paste into small balls. Allow them to dry for about 3 hours.
11) In a bowl, add in the butter and half of icing sugar. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy.
12) Add in the leftover sugar, milk and coffee. Beat to a creamy consistency.
13) Spread the icing over the cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the side.
14) Garnish the top of the cake with the almond triangles and balls. Also use walnut halves and some icing piped into starry shapes.
15) At this stage you may freeze the cake. Place in the freezer till it almost sets. Then transfer into a rigid container. Put it back in the freezer.
16) Thaw the cake by placing at room temperature for about 4 hours.
17. Serve the cake cold.