- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Blitz Torte Recipe
|Chocolate cake mix||15 Ounce (1 package, 2-layer-size)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Fluffy white frosting mix||5 1⁄4 Ounce (1 package, for 2-layer cake)|
|Almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), slivered|
|Dessert topping mix||2 Ounce (1 package)|
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 785.5 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 73.9 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.6% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Prepare dessert topping mix following package directions.
3. In a pan prepare cake mix as per package directions, adding coffee powder to batter.
4. Into 2 greased and paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans, pour the cake mix and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
5. Prepare frosting mix as per package directions.
6. Remove cake layers from oven and quickly spread frosting over tops, keeping it from touching cake pans.
7. With half the almonds sprinkle each layer, return to oven and bake 1 5 minutes more.
8. Let the layers cool in pans whereby the frosting can settle somewhat as cake cools.
9. Remove cake from pans, place one cake layer on plate, frosting side up and spread with topping.
10. Top with second layer and chill cake for about 2-3 hours.
11. Serve the Mocha Blitz Torte post special dinners.