- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Bavarian Recipe
|Freeze dried instant coffee||5 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dry cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen whipped topping||9 Ounce, thawed (1 Container)|
|Rum flavoring||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Or Extract)|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg2.5%
Sodium 92.8 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.8% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl dissolve 4 teaspoons of the coffee in 1 1/2 cups water measuring 2-cup.
2) In a medium-size saucepan mix sugar, cocoa, gelatin, and salt.
3) Add milk and stir.
4) Heat slowly stirring constantly till gelatin dissolve.
5) Add 1 1/2 cups coffee and vanilla and stir. Transfer mixture into a large bowl.
6) Put the bowl in a pan of ice and water to speed setting.
7) Chill and stir frequently till as thick as unbeaten egg white.
8) Add half of the whipped topping.
9) Spoon the mixture into a 6-cup mold.
10) Chill for several hours till firm.
11) Before serving loosen dessert around edge with a knife. Dip mold very quickly in and out of hot water.
12) Cover with a serving plate and turn upside down to unmold.
13) In a cup dissolve 1 teaspoon coffee in 3 tablespoons water.
14) Add rum flavoring.
15) Fold into remaining whipped topping.
16) Spoon the mixture over dessert and sprinkle grated unsweetened or semisweet chocolate.