- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mocha Almond Dessert Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted ground almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ladyfingers||10 , split|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Sliced almonds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.8%
Saturated Fat 30 g149.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.1 mg
Sodium 28.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and cream the butter adding the sugar gradually until it becomes light and fluffy with the sugar dissolving.
2) Add the egg yolks one by one beating thoroughly after each addition.
3) Now add the coffee to the creamy mixture and beat it vigorously.
4) Add the ground almonds and vanilla stirring to mix them.
5) Take a mold of 1 ½ quart size and place the ladyfingers around its sides.
6) Add half of the creamy mixture with the aid of a spoon.
7) Add another layer of ladyfingers and top it with the rest of the creamy mixture.
8) Arrange the remaining ladyfingers on top.
9) Chill for 24 hours after covering the mold.
10) Place the dessert on a serving plate by unmolding it.
11) Spread some whipped cream uniformly over it.
12) Garnish the dessert with sliced almonds and serve.