- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mjeodrah Or Esau's Lentil Soup Recipe
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lentils||1 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 87.6 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50.1%
Dietary Fiber 40.6 g162.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 112.9% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onions. Once the onions are soft and translucent, place the vegetables in a slow cooker.
2) In 1 tablespoon of oil, brown the rice till it is dry. Add to the slow cooker.
3) Add the water and lentils and stir well.
4) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 6 to 8 hours.
5) Once the preparation is properly cooked, pour it into individua serving bowls.
6) Cover each serving with fresh garden salad made from spinach leaves, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, minced onions, chopped bell peppers, sliced radhishes and sliced olives.
7) Pour preferred vinaigrette all over.
8) Serve hot.