- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dry Fruit And Walnut Rice Recipe Video
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 106 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and drain the rice.
2. Slice the Apricots, wash and drain.
3. Wash the Raisins and Walnuts and drain them.
4. Sauté the onions in oil until it becomes golden in color.
5. Add the rice; and stir it around to mix well with the onions and oil.
6. Add the spices.
7. Add the apricots, raisins and walnuts.
8. Keep stirring it into mix well and till you feel that water has evaporated from the rice mix.
9. Add hot water, cook on high heat for few minutes, cover and continue cooking on low heat until the rice is fluffy and cooked.
10. Garnish with almonds and serve hot. You may serve it next to green salad or plain yogurt.