- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Vegetables Monk-Style Recipe
|Dried bean curd sticks||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Fresh lotus root/50 gram /2 ounce, dried lotus root||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Dried wood ear||1⁄4 Ounce (10 Gram)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||8|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Canned straw mushrooms||3 Ounce (75 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
|Baby corn cobs||4 Ounce, cut into half (115 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Light soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chinese rice wine||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter / 2/3 Cup)|
|Mangetouts||3 Ounce, trimmed and cut into half (75 Gram)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3748.6 mg156.2%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.9%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 171.3%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Soak the wood ears and dried mushrooms in separate bowls of hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the wood ears, discard the hard bases and cut the rest into bite-size pieces. Drain the mushrooms, trim off and discard the hard stems and chop the caps roughly.
3. Drain the bean curd sticks. Cut them into 5cm/2in long pieces, discarding any hard pieces. If using dried lotus root, drain well.
4. Heat the oil in a preheated wok or frying pan. Add the wood ears, Chinese mushrooms and lotus root and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the pieces of bean curd sticks, straw mushrooms, baby corn cobs, soy sauce, rice wine, caster sugar and stock. Bring to the boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the mangetouts and season to taste with salt. Mix together the cornflour and water to a smooth paste. Add the mixture to the wok or frying pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.