- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Vegetable Subzi Recipe Video
|Tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Cauliflower||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh tender snap peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed and frozen|
|Purple yam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut||1⁄2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg3.4%
Sodium 94.7 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.3%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 153.2% Vitamin C 169.2%
Calcium 13% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pressure cooker pot heat oil and temper mustard seeds, cumin seeds, carom seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
2. Add and cook tomatoes completely with cover along with little water and salt to taste.
3. Stir in ginger paste, garlic paste and green chili paste.
4. Add eggplant, cauliflower, snap peas and green peas and cook till all vegetables are nice and tender.
5. Add sesame seeds, ground peanuts, coriander and cumin powder, red chili powder and garam masala.
6. Add cilantro and green garlic reserving a little for garnish making sure there is enough water for the curry to not stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Add coconut, purple yam and sweet potato.
8. Add sugar to taste if desired and mix.
9. Once done, turn off the stove and add into a serving dish.
10. Garnish with the reserved cilantro and green chilies and serve with rotis or rice.