- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Vegetable Ring Recipe
|Onions||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||8 Ounce, thawed (225 Gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Top of milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Carrots||6 Ounce, coarsely grated (175 Gram)|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.4 mg
Sodium 377.1 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 217.6% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the oil and cook the onions slowly for about 5 minutes without browning.
3. Add the vegetables, cover and cook slowly for 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
4. Stir in breadcrumbs, seasoning and dried thyme, cook for a few minutes and remove from the heat.
5. Beat the eggs with the milk and add with the cheese to the vegetables.
6. Lightly grease a 600-ml/1-pint ring mould.
7. Spoon in the vegetable mixture, level the surface and press down lightly.
8. Cover mould with greaseproof paper and place in a roasting tin half filled with water.
9. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4) for 30 minutes until set.
10. Turn out onto a serving dish, fill the centre with grated carrot and decorate dish with sprigs of watercress.