- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Vegetable Pickle Recipe
|Green beans||1⁄4 Pound|
|White distilled vinegar/Use white wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Yellow mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2102 Calories from Fat 1503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g262%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g111.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 764.7 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 34.3 g137.3%
Sugars 58.8 g
Protein 29 g57.3%
Vitamin A 225.7% Vitamin C 830.9%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 93.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the cauliflower into florets and the slice the carrots into pieces of about 1/4 inch thick.
2) Mix the florets and slices and wash the vegetables, then cover them with fresh cold water for an hour.
3) Drain the vegetables well and leave them in a siever.
4) Using a mortar, grind the masala spices together adding a little of the vinegar to make a paste.
5) In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate-low heat.
6) When hot, add the bay leaves and garlic and cook, mixing many a times, for 2-3 minutes.
7) To the pan ,add the masala paste and fry further for 5 minutes.
8) To the pan, add the sugar, vegetables, peppercorns, salt to taste, and remaining vinegar.
9) Cook over low heat until the vegetables are just cooked through.
10) Take off the mixture from heat and allow to cool.
11) Into a clean glass or ceramic jar,transfer the mixture and cover with a nonmetallic, airtight lid.
12) Store in a cool, dark place or the refrigerator.
13) Serve chilled.