- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Mixed Vegetable Pickle Recipe
|Fresh vegetables||1 Kilogram (A Mixture Of Cauliflower, Carrots, And Peas)|
|Mustard powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilly powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||5 , broken into 2-3 pieces each|
|Green chilies||8 , slit|
|Mustard oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry roast and powder coarsely:|
|Aniseeds||1 Teaspoon (Saunf)|
|Onion seeds||1 Teaspoon (Kalaunji)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (Rai)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (Jeera)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Methi)|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.42 mg
Sodium 131.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 66.3% Vitamin C 86.9%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Tie the vegetables in a clean cloth, immerse in boiling water and allow to parboil for three to five minutes.
3. Remove cloth from water, spread the vegetables on a clean sheet and sun for a day.
4. Heat the oil, add the green chilllies and when done, the red chillies and roasted powder. (This is called panchporan). Stir fry adding the turmeric and chilly powder along with salt. Cool.
5. Transfer the vegetables onto a large vessel and add the fried and cooled masalas. Mix thoroughly, and put into a jar.
6. Keep the jar in the sun for a few days or until the oil surfaces. If the vegetables are not fully immersed in oil, add some more oil, heated and cooled.