- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Mixed Vegetable Pickle Recipe
|Green chilies||30 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fenugreek powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3017.3 mg125.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 141.4% Vitamin C 196%
Calcium 15% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower and carrots into small pieces along with the ginger. Put these in a vessel. Add water and salt, and set aside for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove the vegetables from the salted water. Wash thoroughly in cold water, then drain and tie the vegetables in a clean muslin cloth.
4. Bring some water in a large saucepan to a boil. Dip the vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they are blanched. Remove from cloth and allow to cool.
5. Extract juice of 4 lemons and cut the others into small pieces. Cut the chillies into small pieces.
6. Heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and when done, add the chillies. Fry for two minutes and add the lemon pieces. Cook for another minute or two and remove from fire. Add the vegetables, pickle masalas and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
7. Bottle when cool.