- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle Recipe
|Mixed vegetable||1 Kilogram (Use Carrot, Cauliflower, Beans, Peas, Knol-Khol)|
|Green chilies||4 , slit (A Few)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Til Oil)|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (Or According To Taste)|
|Mustard powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves sprigs||3|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3962 mg165.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 173.7% Vitamin C 196.2%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Extract the juice of 6 lemons. Cut the other two into small pieces, and add the pieces to the vegetables.
3. Sprinkle salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder on the vegetables, and set aside.
4. Heat the oil, season with mustard and curry leaves, add the slit chillies, and fry until lightly browned.
5. Lower the heat, and add the masala powders one at a time, stirring all the while.
6. Add the vegetables, and stir fry until they are coated with the masala powders and they become soft.
7. Remove, from fire, add the vinegar, and mix well. Cool thoroughly and then transfer them to a jar and sun the pickle for a few days.