- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe Video
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Roasted peanut powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Potato||1⁄2 , peeled and cubed|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed in|
|Lima beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Pavta)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or Fresh Ones)|
|Green beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1222 Calories from Fat 644
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.8%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 709.6 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.6%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 58 g116.6%
Vitamin A 177.3% Vitamin C 198.6%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 87.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dry roast sesame seeds until it gets deep brown color. After sesame seeds are roasted, keep it aside until it cools down.
2) Mix sesame seeds and roasted peanut powder in blender and pulse 4 to 5 times to make it in to fine powder.
3) After its powdered down, add few teaspoons of water and again pulse to make in to fine paste.
4) Heat up 2 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, let them sizzle up.
5) Add sesame and peanut paste and cook for 2 minutes. If required add few splashes of water in between.
6) Add dry spices, mix and again cook for 2 minutes.
7) Add potato, carrot, drumsticks, Lima beans, mix, add some water, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
8) After veggies are half way cooked, add green pepper, green peas, green chilies, green beans and mix well.
9) Add salt to taste, jaggery, some more water if required and cook until all veggies cook properly.
10) Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and sesame seeds. Serve hot with Bajarichi Bhakari!
Chop veggies in uniform shape so that they will get cooked evenly.
If using fresh green peas then add it along with potato in to curry.
Add water later in sesame and peanut powder while making it in to paste because if we add water before we powder it down, it becomes very hard to make it in to fine paste.