- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Seafood Salad Vinaigrette Recipe
|Skinless fish fillets||8 Ounce (Such As Cod Or Halibut)|
|Fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Small shrimp||4 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Bay scallops/Small sea scallops||4 Ounce|
|Celery stalks||4 , diced|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and diced|
|Red onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Chopped cilantro/Parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Prepared salad leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn into large pieces|
|Tomatoes||6 Small, quartered|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 510 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 30 g59.9%
Vitamin A 101.5% Vitamin C 134.8%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse fish under cold running water.
2. Make sure the fillets are free of any bones.
3. In a deep skillet or kettle, combine the stock and water; bring to a boil over moderate heat.
4. Add the fish to the boiling liquid, cover with lid and poach for 5 to 10 minutes or until barely tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, to carefully lift out the fish onto a plate and allow them to cool. Continue boiling the liquid and add shrimp and scallops.
6. Blanch the shellfish for 2 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Drain the shellfish in a colander.
8. In a large bowl, flake the poached white fish into large chunks, removing any bones if you come across them while shredding.
9. Add the cooked shellfish to the bowl along with the celery, cucumber, onion, and cilantro. Toss well to mix the ingredients.
10. To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl or a jar, combine the oil with the lime juice, salt, pepper, and hot red pepper sauce.
11. Whisk or shake until amalgamated.
12. Pour the dressing over the fish and vegetables and toss by shaking the bowl until all ingredients are well coated.
13. Serve this salad at room temperature or chilled over a bed of prepared salad leaves and tomato.