- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Nut Turtles Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mixed nut||9 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, And Cashews)|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||9 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.8 mg
Sodium 41.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Cut the large nuts into halves.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and grainy.
6. Blend in egg and vanilla, beating well until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour in three batches beating at a low speed after each addition until well blending to form sticky dough.
8. Use a round tablespoon to drop the dough in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
9. Sprinkle the nuts over each cookies and lightly press into the dough with your finger tips.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
12. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the chocolate and shortening and melt over a low flame, stirring frequently
13. Use a teaspoon to drizzle and spread the chocolate evenly on top of each cookie .
14. Let the cookies stand until the chocolate set.
15. Serve them at a tea party or pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies air tight container or jar with sheets of wax paper between each layer, in a cool dry place.