- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Green Salad Recipe
|Boston lettuce head||1 Large|
|Red leaf lettuce head||1 Large|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 976
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 1462.8 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 1051% Vitamin C 123.4%
Calcium 97.5% Iron 59.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the lettuce properly and pat dry with paper towels or dry in a salad spinner. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl. Cover with platic wrap and put in fridge till ready to serve.
2) Squeeze just enough lemon juice to measure about 2 tablespoons.
3) Combine together the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and use a fork to beat vigorously till the ingredients have blended. Set aside.
4) Grate enough Parmesan to make 1/2 cup of grated cheese and keep aside.
5) Right before serving, beat the dressing once again to recombine and pour it all over the salad. Toss the greens till they are evenly coated and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle liberally with the grated Parmesan.
6) Serve immediately.