- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Grain Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.1 mg
Sodium 763.3 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and molasses.
4) In your food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, milk powder, rolled oats, cornmeal, bran, rye flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture by removing the work bowl lid. Pulse on/off to mix.
7) Add egg and pour in remaining water in a steady stream, while machine is running.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Make a ball out of the dough and let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to place the loaf made from the dough.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place inside oven on the middle rack to bake for 25 minutes.
19) Reduce oven temperature to 350Â° and continue to bake 20 minutes or until loaf is golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
20) Immediately transfer the loaf on metal rack to cool.
21) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.