- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mixed Fruit Candy Recipe
|Raisins/Figs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), browned in soy oil|
|Grated coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.9 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.4%
Sugars 99.1 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a loaf tin with oil.
2. To a medium sized food processor jar,
3. Combine the dried fruits, almonds, and sesame seeds.
4. Pulse for a few minutes till coarsely ground.
5. Empty into a large mixing bowl.
6. Mix in grated coconut.
7. Pour in honey and mix well.
8. Press candy mixture into the greased pan.
9. Refrigerate until well chilled.
10. Cut into squares