- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean Salad Recipe Video
|Canned beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Small, dice|
|Cherry tomatoes||15 Small, halved|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs||5 Small, mince|
|Onion||1⁄4 Small, mince|
|For the dressing|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tahini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mash|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 623.6 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBlender or whisk
1. Chop the spinach, dice the green and orange pepper, cut the tomatoes in half, and mince the cilantro and small onion, set aside in separate bowls.
2. In the blender or mixing bowl, combine olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic salt and pepper and water if needed. Blend it or whisk it together.
3. Mix all the vegetables, cilantro and canned beans in a large salad bowl and pour the dressing enough to lightly coat all the ingredients.
4. Once done refrigerate for half an hour.
5. Serve the bean salad along with baked salmon.