- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mississippi Mocha Mud Recipe
|Pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs), finley chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee crystals||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4 Ounce|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Quart|
Calories 1348 Calories from Fat 766
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.1%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g102.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 16.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.1%
Sugars 121.2 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
3. In a small bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, coffee crystals and melted butter.
4. Turn mixture into baking dish and press to layer the bottem.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove dish from oven and cool completely.
7. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine chocolate and strong coffee.
8. Melt chocolate on low flame, stirring constantly.
9. Add sugar to sauce and stir until it dissolves.
10. Cool sauce.
11. Soften ice cream by removing to room temperature for 5 minutes.
12. Use a spatula to spread ice cream over the pecan crust. Smoothen the top.
13. Pour cooled chocolate sauce over ice-cream layer.
14. Freeze overnight or for 8 hours before serving.
15. Cut into squares and serve immediately.