- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Miso Stir-Fry with Summer Vegetables Recipe Video
|Eggplant||250 Gram, slice|
|Bell pepper||80 Gram, slice|
|Thin pork slices||100 Gram|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Miso||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (fermented soybean paste)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili pepper||1|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.2 mg
Sodium 973.2 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 71.7%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the eggplants into bite-size pieces and put them into a bowl of water.
2. Drain the eggplant and place on the paper towel.
3. Cut the bell pepper into small pieces.
4. Season the pork and cut into 2 inch pieces.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork pieces.
6. For the miso sauce: In a bowl, combine the miso, sugar, soy sauce and sake.
7. Take a pan and heat the vegetable oil.
8. Add the seasoned pork pieces into the pan and fry them on medium heat.
9. Flip the pieces allowing the fat to drain from the pork.
10. Add the eggplant pieces to the pork. Also add the chopped garlic, gingerroot and red chili pepper.
11. Stir fry them and sprinkle little water over the vegetables.
12. Cover the pan and cook the vegetables for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
13. When the eggplant is almost cooked, add the bell pepper pieces.
14. Stir fry them until the bell pepper softens.
15. Pour the miso sauce over the mixture and distribute evenly.
16. Sprinkle sesame oil.
17. Serve the miso stir fry vegetables on a serving plate.
You can enjoy the dish with hot steamed rice.