- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minute Steaks Monaco Recipe
|Minute steaks||24 Ounce (4 steaks, about 6 ounces each)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggplant||1 Small, cut into 1/2-inch slices and pared|
|Canned condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned tomato sauce with mushrooms||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pitted ripe olives||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1710 Calories from Fat 777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255 mg
Sodium 5856.2 mg244%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.2%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 151 g303%
Vitamin A 48.4% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 45.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place steaks in a very hot skillet sprinkled with salt and cook for 3 minutes on each side for rare.
2) Remove and keep warm on a warmed serving platter.
3) In a skillet, add oil and heat.
4) Add eggplant slices and brown well on each side.
5) Stir in the chicken broth, tomato sauce and oregano.
6) Place a lid on the skillet and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, till the eggplant is tender.
7) In a cup, add flour and water and make a smooth paste.
8) Stir into the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens. Boil for 1 minute.
9) Arrange eggplant slices and over them the steaks and top with sauce.
10) Garnish with olives.