- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
MINTY PEPPERY TOMATO SOUP Recipe
|Fresh tomato||500 Gram|
|Leek mirepoix||50 Gram|
|Bouquet garni||50 Gram (to include mint)|
|Chicken stock/Veg stock||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Crushed peppercorn||10 Gram|
|White bread slice||4|
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.5 mg31.5%
Sodium 849.3 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 112.7% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sweat mirepoix in melted butter without colour.
2. Add flour and cook till raw flavour goes off.
3. Add roughly chopped ripe tomatoes and sauté well.
4. Pour in chicken stock with bouquet garni and simmer stirring occasionally to ensure that the flour does not get stuck at the bottom of the pan, Cook for 30 minutes on slow fire.
5. Strain the soup through soup strainer, check consistency and seasoning.
6. Add cream and a dash of sugar to remove tartiness of tomatoes.
7. Prepare croutons from bread slices and dry them in oven.
8. Use these oven dried croutons for garnish along with mint leaf and cream