- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minted Sweet Carrots Recipe
|Carrots||8 Medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|Sugar syrup||3 Tablespoon (Simple)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.24 g0.37%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 63 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 0.94 g1.9%
Vitamin A 276% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-size saucepan, place carrots and cover with water.
2. Bring the saucepan to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
3. Simmer partially covered for about 15 minutes until carrots are just tender.
4. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
5. In the bowl containing carrots, add sugar syrup and toss to coat.
6. Add mint leaves and toss lightly.
7. Serve on a small round or oval plate.