- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minted Chocolate Mousse Recipe Video
|Dark chocolate||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flax oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Mint sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1752 Calories from Fat 1121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.2%
Saturated Fat 47.3 g236.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg
Sodium 73.6 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 111.1 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 19% Iron 107.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt the chocolate in steel bowl set over hot (but not boiling) water, stirring occasionally. 2. Once it is melted, whisk in the boiling water, a tablespoon at a time.
3. It will seize up at first, but keep whisking and adding the water until it becomes smooth and creamy.
4. Whisk in the flax oil, peppermint extract and peppermint schnapps.
5. Pour into 4 dessert goblets and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
6. Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with the mint sprigs at the last moment and serve.