- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minted Chocolate Mousse Recipe
|Semi-sweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||6 Ounce, separated|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint extract/Use creme de menthe - 1 tablespoon or fresh mint leaves - 2 tablespoons,chopped||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg
Sodium 54.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate over simmering water. Remove from the heat and pour into 2) In a mixing bowl,pour the melted chocolate after removing from heat.
3) Lightly beat the egg yolks till fluffy and fold them into the melted chocolate.
4) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to a soft peak.
5) Now add sugar and beat again to form stiff peaks.
6) Mix a third of the whites into the chocolate mixture and then fold the chocolate into the remaining beaten whites,adding a small quantity at a time.
7) Whip the heavy cream with the mint extract until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture.
8) Chill thoroughly. Top with a swril of whipped cream, if you wish.