- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minted Chicken Soup Recipe
|Chicken stock||2 Pint|
|Cooked chicken||3 Ounce, diced|
|Long grain rice||3 Ounce, boiled and drained|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
|Thin lemon slices||6 (to garnish)|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg
Sodium 457.6 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place together stock, chicken, rice and seasoning.
2) Heat the chicken mixture to boil, reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup in a plastic container.
4) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
5) Simmer the chicken mixture and stir in the lemon juice and mint.
6) Serve hot garnished with a lemon slice.
7) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the soup and reheat gently on top of stove, add creamy milk, stirring occasionally.
8) Serve as mentioned in step 6.