- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minted Banana Coconut Raita Recipe
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Black mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ripe bananas||2 Medium, cut into 1/4 -inch dice|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 1⁄3 Tablespoon, chopped (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 110 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium-size bowl, toss bananas in lime juice.
3. Add yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the mint, and salt; fold with a rubber spatula to mix.
4. In a small baking pan, spread coconut and bake for 2 -3 minutes until just golden brown; shake the pan once or twice to prevent the coconut from burning.
5. In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat.
6. Add mustard seeds, cover and cook for 2 minutes; shake the pan, until all the mustard seeds pop open.
7. Add the browned coconut and mix well.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat.
9. Add this mixture to the banana bowl and mix well.
10. Transfer the prepared banana to a serving bowl.
11. Sprinkle remaining mint on top.
12. Cover the bowl.
13. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours but no longer.
14. Stir well and serving.