- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mint Sorbet Recipe
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 handful)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
Calories 81 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.09 g0.14%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 0.86 g1.7%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a blender, add in the mint leaves. Add in the cooled syrup. Blend to a smooth puree.
3. Strain the puree pressing the mint hard against the strainer.
4. Add in the lemon juice. Transfer the mixture to a freezing tray or shallow rigid container. Allow it to freeze for 1 hour. It must be soft frozen.
5. Fold in stiffly beaten egg white into the mint mixture.
6. Transfer the mixture into a rigid container. Cover with a foil. Seal, label, and freeze the container.
7. Thaw the sorbet 15 minutes before serving.
8. Serve the Mint Sorbet with a garnish of mint sprig on top.