- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mint Parfait Recipe
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Creme de menthe||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped (275 Milliliter)|
|Grated chocolate/Sugared mint leaves / quick chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.2%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 93 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 62 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and place saucepan on a medium flame.
2. Stir continuously until the sugar melts.
3. Place a sugar thermometer into the pan and allow the sugar syrup to boil to 238° F, 110° C. If you do not have a thermometer, then allow the sugar to boil to a stage where when sugar is dropped into a cup of cold water, it forms a soft ball. This is the soft ball stage.
4. While the sugar is boiling, in a clean, dry and grease free bowl, using an electric beater, whisk the egg whites with a little salt, until it forms soft peaks.
5. When the sugar has reached soft ball stage, take pan off the heat.
6. While continuously whisking, pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites. Continue whisking until the sugar has cooled. The mixture will be thick white and foamy.
7. At this stage, mix in the Creme de Menthe.
8. Finally fold in the cream.
9. Pour the mixture into an air tight plastic container.
10. Place the box in the freezer to chill.
11. Spoon the mixture into parfait glasses.
12. Garnish with mint leaves, grated chocolate or chocolate sauce.