- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mint Ice Cream Pie Recipe
|Chocolate cookies||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package, 1 1/4 Inches In Diameter)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate chip mint ice cream/Pistachio ice cream||2 Pint|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1581 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106%
Saturated Fat 44 g220%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.9 mg67.6%
Sodium 519.2 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g71.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 176 g
Protein 24 g48.5%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 65.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Arrange cookies over bottom, then up sides of an 8-inch pie plate.
2. Start heating oven to 500Â°F.
3. Make this meringue: Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved.
4. Spoon ice cream into cookie-lined pie plate. Completely cover ice cream with meringue, swirling it with a spatula, to form a pretty design.
5. Bake 4 or 5 minutes, or until tinged with brown. Then set in freezer.
At serving time:
Remove pie from freezer a few minutes before serving and let stand at room temperature to soften a little.