- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mint Ice Cream Recipe
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 handful)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, lightly whipped|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 0.63 g1.3%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 2% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, dissolve sugar in half the amount of water over low flame. Let the syrup come to boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Allow the syrup to cool down.
2) In a blender, add in the mint leaves. Keep aside 6 mint leaves for garnish.
3) Add in the cooled syrup into the blender. Blend to a smooth puree.
4) Strain the mint puree through a fine strainer or nylon sieve. Press the mint hard against the strainer.
5) Add in lemon juice into the puree. Mix well. Transfer into a freezing tray or shallow, rigid, dish.
6) Freeze the mixture for 1 hour or till soft frozen.
7) Fold in the ice cream into the whipped cream.
8) Transfer the mixture into a rigid container. Cover with a foil. Seal, label and freeze the container.
9) Thaw the Ice Cream 1 hour before serving.
10) Serve the Mint Ice Cream with a garnish of mint leaves.