- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minneappleis Streusel Bar Cookies Recipe
|Non stick vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Non stick cooking spray||1|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet apples||12 Ounce, each cut lengthwise into eighths, and thinly sliced crosswise to make 2 cups (Such As Golden Delicious, Rome, Or Mcintosh)|
|Sweet apples||12 Ounce, peeled, cored, each cut lengthwise into eighths and thinly sliced crosswise to make 2 cups (2 whole, such as Golden Delicious, Rome or Mcintosh)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||2 Tablespoon, chilled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1236 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 212 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g77.2%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 122.2 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Make dough: On baking sheet, spread oats in even layer.
3. Bake in 350° oven until lightly toasted and crisp, about 8 minutes. Leave oven on.
4. In food processor, combine oats and flour. Process until oats are coarsely ground. Transfer to medium bowl. Stir in sugar. With fingertips, rub in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press dough evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
5. Bake in 350° oven until lightly colored, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make topping: In medium bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and cinnamon. With fingertips, work in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse meal. Spoon apples over top of baked dough. Scatter flour mixture evenly over apples.
7. Bake in 350° oven until topping is lightly crisped and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Using foil overhang as handles, lift entire square out of pan. Cool slightly. Cut into 16 bars. Serve warm. Or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.