- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Miniature Coconut Tarts Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Sited Before Measuring)|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131 mg43.7%
Sodium 113.8 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375f.
To make pastry:
2. Into a medium bowl sift flour with sugar and salt.
3. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is like coarse cornmeal and stir in egg using a fork.
4. Knead slightly, with hands, until mixture holds together, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours until firm.
To make filling:
5. In small bowl beat egg using fork,
6. Add coconut and sugar and mix well.
7. For each tart pinch off about 1 teaspoon chilled dough and press into 2-by-1/2-inch tartlet pan, to make a lining 1/8 inch thick.
8. Fill each tart with 1 teaspoon filling.
9. Bake tarts (about 24 at a time), set on cookie sheet, 12 minutes until coconut filling is golden-brown.
10. Place pans on wire rack and cool slightly.
11. With small spatula, gently remove tarts.
12. Garnish with toppings such as whipped cream if desired and serve.