- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Miniature Pecan Tarts Recipe
|Pastry mix||375 Gram (1 packet)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Small)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.3 mg
Sodium 271.5 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 14% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Prepare the pastry mix dough using the packet directions.
3) Roll the pastry thin. Slice out 3 dozen circles of 2 1/2".
4) Fit the pastry circles into the tiny muffin cups.
5) Using a rotary blade, blend the eggs, sugar, salt, butter and corn syrup.
6) Add in the pecans and vanilla extract.
7) Transfer the batter into unbaked tart shells. Leave 1/4 " space from the rim of the shell and the batter.
8) Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes till the filling has set and pastry turns a light brown.
9) Serve the Miniature Pecan Tarts garnished with whipped cream.
You can replace tiny muffin cups with tins made of aluminium foil. Take a foil and mark 3 dozen circles with a 3" round cutter. Cut the circles out and shape over the base of a 1 1/2 round can.