- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Miniature Jalapeno Muffins Recipe
|Yellow cornmeal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet red pepper||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213 mg
Sodium 1133.3 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 68.2% Iron 41.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coat miniature muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a medium bowl stir well combining first 6 ingredients,.
4. In a cup or a bowl stir well combining milk, egg and oil.
5. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Spoon batter into cooking spray coated muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Serve Miniature Jalapeno Muffins as beverage or teatime snacks.